It is true that curly hair is very difficult to manage, style, care for and maintain. If you have curly hair extension, you may have also noticed that it gets dry faster, is more affected by humidity and is more prone to breakages and split ends. Instead of just sit there and complain about the challenges you are facing, why not you do something to maintain your curls natural and gorgeous. Below are some of the way to maintain your curly hair weave:
- As we have already highlighted above, curly hair is drier and more vulnerable to damage than other types. It is, therefore, important that you go for shampoos and hair conditioners that have been specifically made for this kind of hair. Make sure you do some research before buying a product. And don’t worry about the prices.
- No hair type should be shampooed too often, including curly hair. While this could lead to its getting even more dry, towel-drying, brushing, and blow-drying too frequently could cause even more damage. In fact, the less you manipulate your hair, the better.
- A daily moisturizing routine that helps revitalize, protect and de-tangle is important for weave care as virgin hair from human donors normally does not come pre treated to keep curls bouncy indefinitely.
- Put your hair "up" at night. Plait or pin curl your hair before going to sleep. This is important in preventing tangles. Never sleep with loose wet hair, for it may tangle while you sleep.
- Sleep with a satin cap or on a satin covered pillow.
- Finger style or use a wide tooth comb only, when hair is damp.
- Do not comb dry curls for you will disrupt the curl pattern and cause the hair to frizz.
- To refresh curls, spray with plain water, leave in conditioner